Haverhill's Summer Essentials
I may be biased, but there is nothing like a New England summer. My sweet little seaside Rhode Island town literally transforms this time of year and so does everywhere along the Rhode Island coast. I love seeing my town filled with sailboats and motor boats that cruise through the waters into Narragansett Bay and my town beach filled with swimmers, paddle boarders and kayakers morning to night. Plus, there is nothing like that salty sea air coming off the ocean in the summertime.
Summer is a time when everything is effortless and easy, and my family and I spend a lot time at the beach or pool, dining al fresco and taking in the beauty of living on the coast. I love summer so much that I once designed an entire swimwear line around the season as it always gives a nostalgic feel good feeling. Actually, one of my HAVERHILL bikinis is in the picture below.
To celebrate the start of beach, boat and pool days here on the east coast, I rounded up some of my summer favorites from beach towels to sunscreen.
1. A good book is a must in the summertime and I can't wait to dive into Out East by John Glynn, which is a memoir of a group of friends in a summer share out in Montauk.
2. Summer is all about accessorizing with a piece of jewelry that you can wear to any destination with any outfit. The one piece I will be wearing all summer long is the Personalized Birthstone Necklace in Six Stones representing the birthstones of my loved ones that will go with me everywhere, including swimming in the pool and ocean.
3. Before having a jewelry line, I designed swimwear and had my own collection. I always make sure I have one of my HAVERHILL bikinis stashed in a bag for spontaneous trips and summer dips.
4. Whether you're boating or at the beach, living on the coast means you need a good beach towel. I love the gorgeous colorful print on this Sun of a Beach Hawaiian Tropic beach towel, which has a fluffy towel on the other side to keep you cozy and dry.
5. There is nothing better than spending summer days in the sun, sand and water, but I still know that you need to protect yourself while outside. Three Sixty Five SPF is a great sunblock and moisturizer to use year round, contains good for you ingredients such as nourishing organic oils and non-nano zinc oxide and gets a Best Score on EWG's Guide to Sunscreens, which is all about skin safety. This product will always be in my bag for summer days.
6. I love a nude flat sandal because it goes with everything and is flattering on the legs. This pair by Sigerson Morrison has subtle straps and buckle details while looking totally chic. It's a great sandal to wear to the pool, beach and for dockside cocktails.